In Focus: World War I
WWI and Romania's Particular Position
EUSTORY alumni Vlad Badea from Romania interviewed Professor Lucian Boia just days after the launch of his book "The First World War: Controversies, Paradoxes, Reinterpretations" which proved to be extremely useful to understanding the general context of the war and Romania’s particular position. Read the interview.
The Legacy of World War I
2014 marks the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of the First World War. We will highlight EUSTORY events and resources.
- East Germany’s secret police files – who owns the past?
- „No freedom without solidarity“ – Impressions of a German student from a multinational celebration ceremony in Poland
- “They all fell, one after the other”: Interview with Prof. Lucian Boia
- Remembering the First World War
- All of a sudden, the homeland was gone – the legacy of World War I for Slovenia